Sunday, August 24, 2014

The exhaustion has set in!

 WELL! The second week full week of school is complete. I am sitting here, on a Sunday, feeling refreshed and recuperated. Friday night was an entirely different story! I forget how exhausted and sleep-deprived I was during the school year...

Anyway, here are a few photo updates:


 
Here is an idea I stole from Pinterest (my favorite teacher tool!) I use this board as an incentive for students to work on their talents at home or elsewhere in their spare time. If they make art outside of the classroom, I showcase it here on my Instagram board :). As you can see, it has already filled up in just one rotation! I'm going to have to devise a system in which artwork rotates in a timely fashion.




The first full week I did nameplate designs with all grades. Here are just a few I thought were lovely!













 And lastly, the kids have really gotten a kick out of our new classroom friend, Mr. Dragon:



 And sometimes he goes on play dates and weekend getaways with Ms. Kitty (i.e. Super Kitty). Ms. Kitty belongs to Mrs. GH in the Music Room :D

Here they are enjoying the maracas in Mexico
This week we have started our Simply Green art projects in 1st and 2nd grade. 3rd, 4th and 5th are making their sketchbooks for the year. Kindergarten are exploring a variety of media concentrating on their color for "color day". This week we explored red, orange, yellow, green and blue. This upcoming week Kindergarten will read "The Dot" by Peter H. Reynolds in anticipation of Dot Day Sept. 15th! I am REALLY excited, this will be the first year I highlight Dot Day!!

Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment